Shortcut virus is one of the most hazards for pen drive user now. Shortcut virus spread notoriously faster even the real human virus. I have used so many techniques to remove the viruses, But at last I found a very handy tool to remove that shortcut virus and vaccinate the whole PC and USB from that notorious shortcut virus.
Step 1 – Getting Rid of Shortcut Virus
Remove Shortcut Virus with One Click
To remove shortcut virus you just need a very handy tool name USBFIX to download. Their server sometimes got down, so I decided to upload the latest version here. It’s totally free and no adware and malware.
Download the Latest USB Fix Free from Below download link
How to Remove the Autorun, Shortcut Skypee Virus
Step by Step Process to Remove Shortcut Virus
Just download the software (see above), and run, it will install a tiny bit software. The Interface is just like this.
- Start the USB FIX from the desktop and click on Research. It will take some time to check and clean all the shortcut viruses from the whole computer hard disk. It will generate a report after cleaning with a notepad file.
- Then again click on Clean Button to vaccinate and clean the viruses from the removable disk like pen drive, memory card.
- You can also vaccinate your PC with Vaccinate button.
- But remember it’s just to clean the virus and prevent computer from Future infection. The already infected file should be recovered by tiny software called Attribute Changer.
- First Show the Hidden file with System Files, From Folder Option.
- Download Latest Attribute Changer from Here.
- Install it, Then Right Click on Hidden Folder and Click On Change Attributes
- Uncheck the Hidden and System Tick to visualize the folder permanently, Use the below Recursive folders for the entire subfolder file.
Preventing Computer from Future Autorun or Shortcut Virus
How to install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
1. Navigate to the Malwarebytes website. (http://www.malwarebytes.org)
2. Click Free Version Download. You will be redirected to another page; follow the instructions on that page to download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the Download Now button if the download does not begin automatically.You may see a dialogue box at the bottom of your browser window asking if you want to save or run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Click “Run.”
4. Select the language of your choice and click “OK” when the “Select Setup Language” dialogue box appears.
5. Click “Next” when you see the “Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Setup Wizard” window.
6. Select “I accept the agreement,” then click “Next,” when you see the “License Agreement” dialogue box.
7. Click “Next” when you see the “Setup” dialogue box.
8. Click “Next”in the “Select Destination Location” dialogue box.
9. Click “Next”in the “Select Start Menu Folder” dialogue box.
10. Click “Next” in the “Select Additional Tasks” dialogue box. Select the options you want.
11. Click “Install”in the “Ready to Install” dialogue box.
12. Uncheck “Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium,” then click “Finish”in the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Setup Wizardwindow after installation is complete.
How to scan your PC with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
1. Click “Scan Now”in the screen that appears when you run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware the first time. Before the scan begins, the application will check for updates to the malware database.
2. Pay attention to the “Threat Scan” screen while Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scans your PC.
3. Select “Apply Actions” once Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has finished the scan. You can choose to “Ignore” or “Quarantine” each piece of detected malware.
4. Click on the “View Detailed Log” link for more detailed results.
5. Click on the “History” tab to view quarantined items.
6. Click individual items in Quarantine to delete them.
7. Click “Delete All” to select all items in Quarantine.
8. Click “Yes” in the confirmation pop-up window.
9. The Quarantine screen will then be empty.
10. Restart your computer to complete the malware-removal process.
It will be really ungrateful if I can’t mention the developer behind this tiny useful software. Keep tuned with us and ask anything you wanted.
The Final Dose – Cleaning Infected Folders with a Linux ISO
- Download any Linux ISO. Like Ubuntu, Linux Mint or if you’re running out of bandwidth use Puppy Linux (only around 250mb)
- Boot it to USB (Use Rufus to make the USB bootable)
- Boot your Computer with the Linux distribution
- Go to all your drives one by one and delete these 3 folders, Skypee, System Volume Information and Recycler
Your PC is now free from anytype of shortcut Virus including Autorun Virus and Skypee Virus and AutoItV3.exe