First of all we should clear that its not only you! The latest release of Chrome does shitty thing. We all were suffering from this weird issue.
How to solve Chrome slow loading issue?
The recent Chrome update which is 21.0.1180.79 m does this thing. I thought what is wrong recently because more than 50% of websites I visited are loading very slow, In fact, sometimes they are not being loaded at all. Today, I finally realized that the problem is with Google Chrome browser because when I tried surfing using Firefox, they can be loaded in seconds. Of course, I am a Google Chrome lover & user since the birth of Chrome, so I wouldn’t switch my default browser just because of this. Then, I started to play around with Chrome’s preferences until I finally found a fix.
The Issue is being created by DNS Pre Fetching Feature
How to fix DNS Issue on Chrome?
For old version of Chrome, the setting is located at Preferences > Under The Hood.
For newer version of Chrome, the setting is located at Settings > Show Advanced Settings > Privacy
Now, there is a checkbox named “Use DNS pre-fetching to improve page load performance” or “Predict network actions to improve page load performance“. Or similar.
Everyone, including me would have ticked this checkbox because it seems to bring only benefits and it sounds promising. However, it is not the case here, while I still cannot explain why this is happening, just untick the checkbox to bring your Chrome back to its speedy glory.
In my Google Chrome for Windows 8, the settings is actually called “Predict network actions to improve page load performance“. Therefore, just untick any similar checkbox.
Hope this helps.
Update: 1 (21-Aug-2012)
If the above method doesn’t work you can do another workaround. Hope that’ll work. (Worked for me atleast).
1) Update to the latest Chrome.
2) Press Windows Key+Q
3) Write ‘Allow an app through Windows Defender’
4) Click ‘Change Settings‘
5) Select ‘Allow another app’
6) Find the path of Chrome. If you don’t know where is it then go to this location
C://Program Files>>Users>>(Your Username>>App Data>>Local>>Google Chrome>>Application>>Chrome.exe
It eventually solved my Chrome.
Update: 2 (25-Aug-2012)
If none of them worked for you (like me) there’s still an option left. This will solve your problem with guarantee. But I don’t know whether you’ll like it or not.
Comodo Dragon is just your Google Chrome with better Privacy+Speed+Compatibility! See my this post to know why I considered Comodo Dragon over Google Chrome.
- Better privacy. (Google won’t be able to track your location. So you be safe with your location & data,)
- Better compatibility. (This will solve all Windows 8 issues at once. Runs cool if you throw more than 40 tabs. My Chrome couldn’t handle more than 25/30 tabs)
- Better speed. (It uses its own DNS & that makes web browsing a little bit faster than Chrome).
I took the challenge to switch my default browser & after have been using Dragon for nearly 3+ months, I feel that I haven’t done any mistake.
Incoming search terms:
- chrome slow loading photos and facebook
- google chrome infinite page loading solved